Sunday 19 December 2010

Itinerary

I'm writing this post to serve as a reference for everyone while I'm travelling around. I won't have my computer, and will have intermittant access to the internet (at best). And I — obviously — won't have my cell phone (either one) in use. (Though I am planning to bring both, just in case. I'm also going to look into getting a really  basic international plan on my UK phone.) I'll try to post updates via this blog, facebook, and email as much as possible. Parts of our trip are still sketchy, especially the Italy portion. But here's what we know so far:


  • Dec 23 - Dec 28: Shropshire visiting my Grandma's family here, Gillian, Jim, and Millie. 
    • 12/23~ Depart Sheffield at 10:42 AM and arrive in Shrewsbury at 12:38 PM (via train), where the relatives have said they'll collect me. 
    • 12/28~ Depart Shrewsbury and head to London. Somehow get to Stansted airport. 
  • Dec 28- Jan 4: Santander, Spain staying with Emily's host mom from her study abroad, Pilar
    • 12/28 ~ Depart Stansted airport, London at 17:55, Ryanair flight # FR2612. Arrive in Santander, Spain at 20:50. Emily will pick me up at the airport. 
  • Jan 4- 8: Southern Spain (Malaga, Cordoba, Sevilla, Andalucia) with Emily and Eric, etc. We'll be travelling around this region kind of spontaneously, so I don't know where we'll be. 
    • 1/4 ~ Depart Santander for Malaga on Ryanair. Don't know the times. 
    • 1/8 ~  Sevilla to Barcelona on Ryanair
  • Jan 8-11: Barcelona with emily
    • 1/8 ~ Sevilla to Barcelona on Ryanair
  • Jan 11-16??: Italy with Emily. We're planning to start in Venice and end up in Rome. How we get between the two places is to be determined. We want to go to Florence, at least. 
    • 1/11~ Depart from Barcelona at 8:30 AM, arrive in Venice at 10:05 AM
  • Jan 16-21??: Paris, France with Emily (and maybe Dad??)
    • 1/16 ~ Fly from Rome to Paris. Tickets not yet purchased. 
  • Jan 21-23??: London, England with Emily
    • 1/21 ~ Fly from Paris to London
  • Jan 23-26: Sheffield, England with Emily. I'll show her around my favorite spots, and clean out my room, pack up everything, and prepare to come back HOME!!! 
  • Jan 26th: Travel to Manchester airport to fly out at 10:55 AM. Arrive in PDX at 10:53PM
  • JAN 26TH: BACK IN PORTLAND!!!  

Here's our map that I made on Google maps. 

View Our adventure in a larger map

1 comment: